share

Friday 25 July 2014

Day 2...

Sore, aching muscles. Sweating and tired. No, I hadn't just finished day 2 of the 30 Day Shred, I was finding excuses as to why I wouldn't be doing it today. I didn't have time, I'm doing a nightshift tonight and need to rest, it's too hot. No matter how many reasons I could find to put it off, I knew I had to do it. I am cheating a little in as much as I won't be doing it at the weekends. I don't know how much it will affect the results, but working Friday and Saturday nights leaves me with little energy for anything and at the end of the day, I haven't exercised properly for years, so 5 days a week is a giant leap for me.
So how did day 2 go? It was painful, it was hot, I looked something like a Ribena Berry throwing myself around the room. However, I did it and that is something I am very proud of when we are in the middle of a heatwave.
I can feel every muscle I possess crying out to me to stop, I am aching in places I didn't know existed. Yet - stupidly - I feel myself losing weight. I know i'm not, it's only day 2, but I can feel like I am doing something and am kind of looking forward to next Thursday when I get to assess my progress. Will I manage 30 days? Who knows, but I will give it a very good go.
I have two days 'off' now and in that time I need to create a 1st birthday cake, attend the party for the birthday girl and do two 8 hour nightshifts. See you all Monday for Day3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...